One of the best ways to get a better Christmas photoshoot is by using a beautiful Christmas backdrop. If you need some inspiration for your Christmas backdrop, check out the following 20 amazing Christmas background ideas.
1. DIY Falling Snowflake Backdrop
For this DIY photo backdrop, you’ll need some white paper, scissors, and glue.
- Start by deciding where you want to hang your Backdrop. Measure the area and cut a piece of white poster board to fit.
- Next, cut out snowflakes of varying sizes from white construction paper.
- Use a glue stick to attach the snowflakes to the poster board.
- Hang your Backdrop up with tape or push pins
2. Christmas Gifts & Glitter Backdrop
If you have a lot of gifts this holiday season, why not use them to create a beautiful background?
- Gather all your gifts and arrange them in a tall pile against a wall, so they are stable.
- Next, drape a string of Christmas lights around the gifts. Make sure the lights are plugged in so you can see how they look.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of glitter around the gifts. You can use any color of glitter, but silver and gold look especially festive.
3. DIY Falling Cotton Snow Backdrop
All you need are a roll of white cotton fabric, scissors, glue, and some thin strings.
- First, cut the fabric into strips that are about 2-3 inches wide.
- Roll the strips into little cotton balls
- Next, glue one string to the cotton ball and the other to the ceiling or any other high surface.
- Repeat this step with the rest of the cotton balls.
- You can add a white mat to help create the illusion of snow on the ground.
4. DIY Colorful Christmas Bow
A DIY colorful Christmas bow can also be used for festive decoration for your home. You’ll need some ribbon, scissors, and tape.
- Start by cutting the ribbon into pieces of different lengths.
- Create loops with the ribbon and secure them with tape.
- Arrange the loops on a wall or surface to create your desired shape.
- Fill in any empty spaces with smaller loops or other ribbons.
5. Use Christmas Lights
This background is super easy to create and looks so festive.
- Take the string of lights and tape it to the wall in a zig-zag or straight pattern.
- Next, take another string of lights and tape it to the wall parallel to the first string, leaving some space between the two strings.
- You can add a few balloons to help with the decoration.
6. Jingle Bells
A classic Christmas element. Jingle bells is also regarded as one of the most commonly used decorations in Christmas.
- Find a wall in your home that you can use as your backdrop. Alternatively, you can try this idea along with a beautiful Christmas backdrop.
- Next, take some jingle bells and attach them to the wall using clear tape or glue.
7. Christmas Tree
One of the most iconic symbols of Christmas is the Christmas tree.
- Start by finding a large piece of green fabric or paper.
- Glue it on the wall in a zig-zag pattern to resemble a Christmas tree.
- Add some embellishments to your trees, like bows, ornaments, and lights.
8. Christmas Balloon Garland Backdrop Idea
A balloon garland is a fun and festive way to decorate for Christmas photos.
- Start by inflating a bunch of balloons in different colors. You can use helium to make the balloons float or blow them up with air.
- Once the balloons are inflated, start stringing them together using a clear fishing line or ribbon.
- You can make a design with the balloons or randomly string them together.
- Hang the balloon garland on the wall using clear tape or thumbtacks.
9. Christmas Wreath
A wreath is a classic Christmas decoration and makes a beautiful backdrop for holiday photos.
- Start by finding a few small wreaths. You can use fake wreaths or real wreaths that you’ve decorated yourself.
- Next, hang the wreaths on the wall using clear tape or thumbtacks.
- Add a couch in the center or hang a star or angel on the top.
10. DIY Christmas Family Photo Backdrop
This is a great way to utilize your family photos in your background.
- Find a plain wall or piece of fabric that you can use as your backdrop.
- Hang a few family photos on the wall. Start with one photo at the top and one extra for each row below.
- Add decorations around the photos or hang a garland or star above them.
10 Easy & Affordable Christmas Backdrop Ideas
11. Window Vintage Wood Tree Backdrop
This backdrop idea is amazing for a Christmas photoshoot or event. It features a beautiful vintage wood tree design that is sure to impress your guests.
- Introduce a seat or bench for your subjects to sit on while they take photos in front of the backdrop. Seating helps you capture the beauty of your backdrop.
- Hang some string lights around the perimeter of the backdrop to create a warm and inviting atmosphere.
12. Christmas Train
This backdrop can bring the chilly feeling of a winter day right to your home. This backdrop idea is also a great way to add some holiday cheer to your decor.
- Use the rule of thirds to position your subjects in the frame. This will help create a more visually interesting photo.
- Dress your subjects warmly to better capture the feeling of a winter day.
- Include a white mat or piece of fabric in the foreground of the photo to create a nice snowy effect.
13. Christmas Snow Forest Lights
This backdrop is perfect for any Christmas party or event! It features a beautiful winter scene with snow-covered trees and sparkling lights.
- Introduce a sleigh or some other props and have your subjects seated centrally in front of the backdrop to make a wintry scene.
- Add cotton balls around the sleigh or props to give the impression of freshly fallen snow.
14. Winter Trees House
This backdrop features a beautiful winter scene with snow-covered trees and a cozy house in the background. It’s a perfect choice for any Christmas party, and you are guaranteed to get amazing Christmas photos.
- Hang the backdrop on a wall or door using double-sided tape or command strips.
- Pair this backdrop with Christmas props and lights for a festive look.
15. Christmas Kitchen
This backdrop features a beautiful kitchen with a Christmas setting.
- You can include a table with Christmas treats like milk and cookie
- Dress up your family in Christmas aprons and hats and snap away
16. Brick Wall Door & Xmas Trees
This backdrop features a beautiful brick wall with a door and decorated Christmas trees.
- This backdrop looks best with a subject or subjects in the center, so make sure to position your guests accordingly.
- You can dress up as Santa Claus or one of his helpers and snap away.
17. Hot Cocoa Night
This backdrop features a beautiful Christmas tree with a hot cocoa stand. You can dress up in your favorite holiday pajamas and offer hot cocoa to your family.
- Dress your subjects in their favorite holiday pajamas for a fun and festive look.
- Use real marshmallows or fake ones
- Have them hold mugs of hot cocoa to get some great photos.
18. Christmas Bed Headboard Backdrop
This backdrop features a beautiful bed with a Christmas headboard. It is perfect for showcasing your family spirit and holiday pajamas.
- Take photos of your subjects lying down on the bed
- Include a few holiday-themed pillows to add to the festive atmosphere.
19. Christmas trees & Fireplace
This backdrop features a beautiful fireplace with Christmas trees. It brings about a warm and inviting atmosphere, perfect for any holiday gathering. You can also add a few holiday-themed decorations to the fireplace to really get into the spirit.
- Add gifts, stockings, or other holiday decorations to the fireplace for a more festive look.
- You can also add some greenery for a more natural look.
20. Red Christmas Truck Backdrop
This backdrop features a beautiful red truck with a Christmas tree in the back. This will definitely be a hit with the kids and they will love getting their photos taken in front of it.
- Wear colors that complement the backdrop.
- Bring props that match the theme of the backdrop.
There are endless possibilities when it comes to Christmas backdrops. You can opt for a traditional look or get creative with your unique design. Whatever Christmas background you choose, make sure to have fun and enjoy the holidays.